Sunday, November 2, 2008

Climbing a Mountain

Where I live, we have a big rock called Stone Mountain. It extends up, but also outward for a LARGE number of miles. We live about an hour from it and there is an area where that same rock surfaces in a backyard down the street.

Anyways, so last Saturday I climbed the mountain. Basically it equals walking up 1.5 miles in rocky and steep terrain. It was a lot of fun and a good work out. Since then I have had 2 lbs of chocolate (hopefully an over exagerated number) and no exercise. I have cooked a number of very tasty recipes.

My favorite is my meaty hashbrown casserole. It is based off this tater tot casserole which does not sound the least bit appetizing to me so I made it to suit my tastes.

1 lb ground turkey
1 can cream of mushroom soup 99%ff. 10.5 oz.
1 onion chopped up.
2 cups cheese, divided
taco seasoning
6 cups hasbrowns.

Pre-heat oven to 350
Brown ground turkey and chopped onion.
Add the taco seasoning and cook as directed.
Meanwhile in a sprayed 9X13 pan, spread out 2 cups of hashbrowns in a thin layer.
Mix 1 cup of cheese, 2 cups of hashbrowns, the cream of mushroom soup and the meat mixture in a bowl.
Spread over the hashbrowns.
Sprinkle the other cup of cheese on top and top with the remaining hashbrowns.
Spray with pam to help brown.

Cook until bubbly and brown on top.

Totally delicious and not too pointy. I think it is 5 points for a sixth of the pan.

0 comments:

 
Template by suckmylolly.com